Diamonds and chocolate are a girls best friend. I am still regrouping after that Thanksgiving fare. Chocolate tart from Liv for Cake was such a hit. So much so that I am still thinking about having chocolate, like daily. This is my fix without having whole pieces of chocolate tart. These balls were inspired by some awesome food photos in Thrive Magazine. I love seeing what other foodsters are up to.
I had to kill 2 hours at Costco this week, loooong story. Turns out if you walk the aisles long enough good recipe books find your way into your cart. I call it an early birthday present! I have read 10 pages of The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science (affiliate links) and oh my word I am learning and loving already. I also am all for as many plants in my body as possible so Plenty More: Vibrant Vegetable Cooking from London’s Ottolenghi made it in my choice selection. Just been gawking at the food photo thus far in between recipe testing and family meal making. I have found my toddler table and chair set the best place to do this page flipping. Here’s to chocolate bliss and recipe book heaven.
- ½ cup of pistachios plus 1 tablespoon
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate, cream and one tablespoon of pistachios in a food processor to combine.
- Place combined ingredients into a plastic bowl and allow mixture to set in the freezer for 10 mins.
- Take mixture out and roll into 2 inch balls. Place on a small baking sheet on parchment paper and place back in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Add the cream to the bowl and stir until the chocolate has melted. Turn off the heat.
- Get the balls out of the freezer.
- Roll each ball in the melted chocolate to coat covering the ball.
- Place on serving
tablespoonof pistachios in a pestle and mortar and sprinkle on top of balls.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.