I am going to be straight with you this one is more for the health benefit than the taste. This is definitely something that I need to have with honey. It definitely perks me up and the antioxidants are amazing and worth developing an acquired taste for.
So when you’ve had way too much coffee and want a warm healthy drink, this is your cup. For the record today is a gloomy fall day in Chicago and this number did the trick. My granny with her pink lips and blue eye shadow used to say “it will warm the cockles of your heart.” She was right.
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- Place matcha into a mug of choice.
- Ensure that mug can contain 1 cup of steamed almond milk.
- Add hot water to matcha and use a whisk to combine.
- Add the honey to the matcha and water combination and whisk some more.
- Steam the almond milk and pour over the matcha mixture.
- Add extra foam on top