Summer, you bring with you an unrelenting desire for fruit. Fruit for breakfast, fruit for lunch, fruit for dinner. Today was a doctor follow up kind of day. I brought my veggie-full magazine to read while I waited in case the “opportune” moment with kids arose. Story of my life, I can dream, can’t I? My baby girl kept me extra busy at the doctors rooms, she’s officially mobile and wants to eat everything.
This evening one of those keep-me-inspired magazines was plopped into the bath by my 11 month old. I just had to laugh and send the paper mâche situation straight to the trash.
Mango breakfast, oh my goodness. Let’s gather in Hawaii and eat overlooking the ocean at sunrise. You are dreamy mango and coconut overnight oats, you are. The right amount of creamy, tart and sweetness to send you to overnight oat heaven.
Hawaii was our honeymoon destination so it will always be special to me. Since living in a colder climate, I have come to appreciate the magnificence of such destinations immensly. I always thought Hawaii was pretty great but going as a reprieve from the bitterly cold took it to a whole new level.
This is one filling breakfast and is healthy to boot. Happy-home-made breakfast that feels like you got it at a restaurant for the win. Let’s clink spoons because it’s so uncouth but hilarious!
- ¼ mango diced
- ⅓ cup oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 10-12 cashew (crushed with a mortar and pestle)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt of your choice. (I use European style or Greek)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of shredded coconut
- Put the rolled oats in a jar or cup
- Add the almond milk, honey and greek yogurt, mix well.
- Soak for 2-3 hours or overnight. If I am in a rush or not organized enough to do the night before I skip the overnight part.
- Top with the mango, coconut and cashews before you leave or are about to consume.
- Add a small drizzle of honey on top.