Oats, easy, delicious and key lime pie. Let’s marry them.
Key lime pie reminds me of being in the Florida Keys. We visited for our wedding anniversary the year we moved to Chicago. Visiting Florida from a cold climate you have a new appreciation for the beach, the ocean breeze and sunshine on your face are always amaze-balls!
These oats are taking me back y’all. The visit to the Keys was before we had either of our sweet babies. We went kayaking and biking and lay on the beach. It was a good time, we do a little less of that now but it’s for good reason. We have pint size people! We do still travel and have fun with our kids in tow. And here is proof.
In this pic, my husband was cringing while I was just about collapsing with laughter as we cycled along the lake front in this gizmo. My man was so embarrassed cycling in this thing and I was like YOLO. I’m 9 months pregnant and hoping this baba will come in this picture. My little girl loved womb service a little TOO much. The little man in the middle did not want to be buckled in, can you tell?
Back to breakfast…yesterday, I left the house without breakfast. This was a huge mistake. I wanted to eat EVERYTHING the whole morning. I am normally very good about breakfast and it pays off. Here is a quick delicious dessert-like yet wholesome breakfast. Enjoy!
- ½ cup of oats
- ½ cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp organic greek yogurt
- 1 lime/key lime
- 1 teaspon agave nectar
- Put the rolled oats in a jar.
- Add the almond milk and agave and greek yogurt, mix well.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice from half the lime and the zest of half of the lime on top.
- Soak for 2-3 hours or overnight. If I am in a rush or not organized enough to do the night before I skip the overnight part.