These have been created to save mothers everywhere. I’m being serious, I had no idea how a toddler not listening could drive you to eat
lots of chocolate with your tea in your first moment of peace for the day. This is my save me from myself plan.
Bliss balls live up to their name as they taste amaze-balls and but don’t send me into the land of chocolate oblivion. These can be eaten as is simply sweetened with dates or you can cover with maple syrup and chocolate mix for extra indulgence. The adults of the house liked the non chocolate version, the toddler likes it with chocolate, situation normal.
The same toddler that sends me to the chocolate corner spiked his hair in the bath whilst I was washing it and said look mom it’s like the top of a cupcake. Love.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 and ½ cups softened coconut oil. (not completely melted)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 10 pitted mejool dates
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional coating for bliss balls
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Place the nuts into a food processor to chop a little
- Toast on medium heat in a pan or skillet until fragrant
- Return the nuts to the food processor and grind.
- Add all other ingredients and grind intermittently until nicely combined.
- Pour into a bowl and stir or even out with a spatula
- Refrigerate for 10-15 mins to allow the coconut oil to set
- Take scoops of the mixture about a tablespoon in size and roll into bite size balls
- Refigerate until ready to consume or share with friends since there are so many
- For the coating mixture - Melt ¼ cup chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- Combine until runny and dip or paste onto the balls then refrigerate